<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

You win some, you lose some. That is the story of my medical visits this week.

Tuesday I went to the dentist. This was scary. The hygienist had told me they had had patients lose half their teeth undergoing radiation treatment like mine. And during the dark ages of November and December tooth brushing and flossing were not at the top of my to do list.

So it was a big surprise to learn that I had no cavities. I attribute that to the tube feeding. Evidently no food meant no cavities.

Today I went to my GI doctor about stretching my esophagus.

I learned that I have such a severe constriction that he can't do it in one procedure. I will have to go in three or four times to stretch it gradually.

The procedure will to done at the hospital under sedation but not general anesthesia.

The doctor will be gone next week so I have the first session on the 24th.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?