<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 15, 2008

I was talking to my friend Nancy tonight, telling her about the changes to my voice. I did have a very husky voice when the cancer was pressing on my voicebox. Now I have a more normal voice. I said to Nancy "But everyone says that voice was sexy." She said "And that is important right now, too."

With the absurdity of that. we both started laughing hysterically. I don't know if it is really funny or just graveyard humor. But it was funny to us at the time.

I want to tell every one honestly that I am a happy person. It is very difficult at times but six out of seven days are okay and I am a very happy person. Everyone is so good to me, so caring, how could I not be.

I do not deserve all this.

Anne and Ken and children came this weekend. That is always a treat to me. My grandchildren's love for me is so open and so sincere. What a joy they are.

Ken and Anne did a lot of work. The main thing Anne did was mop my kitchen floor for the first time in forever. I just don't have the strength for that even though I can do most household chores.

My sibling call and bring me food. Before I was really a prepared food girl, now I find that it is homemade comfort food that I can eat.

This week I have a week off from chemo. I don't know if it will make any difference in my energy.

Next Monday I see Dr. Wright, the chemo doctor, and then have a treatment. I have learned that Dr. Wright is an Ole Miss man. I shall wear my maroon hat on what will be my bald head and tell him it has a purpose.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?