<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Tonight I watched Q&A on CSpan Book TV. The guest was Thomas Dilorenzo, professor of economics, at Loyola College of Baltimore. He is the author of several books, including The Real Lincoln and Lincoln Unmasked.

At first I was so excited. The adoration of Lincoln has been a big mystery to me all my life. When historians vote, they always choose him as our greatest president. A civil war is the worst thing that can happen to any country. A civil war happened on his watch. Suppose he had not been so great a president, how could things have been worse.

So I thought this was right down my alley. However, when he was talking he mentioned favorably that institute at Auburn, Alabama, associated with Lou Rockwell. I can't remember the particulars but I think he is a far right wing libertarian. I googled him and found that David Horowitz considers him a fellow traveler of the Islamofascists. I guess Rockwell is so far to the right that he is left.

So should I buy the books. I am unsure.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?