<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Letter from my future mother-in-law before I met her. It is so sweet. Just charming.

May 15, 1962

Dearest Mary,

George told me he has asked you to visit us this weekend. We are delighted for a chance to meet you. Seems that I already know you as I've heard so much about you.

Carolyn, George's sister, says to tell you she will be glad to have you spend the night in her home. She has a guest room and also has three adorable children who will keep you from having a dull moment. We have four next door. I'm sure George has told you about them.

The oldest, Ray, is sitting on the front parch now. Says he's waiting for George and his girl friend. We will be looking forward to having you.

Love,
Mrs. Lightsey

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?