<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Yesterday, October 3, was Anne's birthday. They were busy but I wanted to be with her on her birthday so I went up just for the night.

When I got there, I talked to the kids about whose day it was. This conversation shows how you can get into trouble because sometimes other people have entirely different ideas on what the conversation is about.

I asked the kids whose day it was. They thought it was George's. I said no, it was a special day for someone. They guessed Adam.

I said no, it is Mommy's day because it is her birthday.

So Adam asked "Then does she get to sleep with you?"

I was thinking rather generally and they were thinking specifically.

When I am up there, one of them sleeps in the bed with me and the other two sleep on the floor by my bed. They were trying to guess whose day it was to sleep with me.

Later on, Adam did sleep with me, not Anne.

When Ken got home, we went to this sports place where Adam was getting baseball instruction. His coach was a huge black man who used to play minor league ball. He talked softly and was very patient with Adam.

Then we went to eat at Chili's.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?