<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 30, 2005

We lost to Kentucky today. That is humiliating.

Worse, I had another blow when I went to listen to the game on the computer. I had not yet done that this year for football games.

I have gotten several mailings from State about their new Maroon to the Max deal. I gives you many things new on the internet. You can watch the games, listen to the coach's Tuesday press conference, etc.

It is expensive, $200. I had not paid so much attention to it because I knew I would not be interested.

So tonight I go to the website to listen to the football game, just as I do in the spring to all the baseball games. You probably know what I am going to say. I could not get it because it is now in the M2M package.

It does offer access to the radio broadcasts for $25 but, as I said when I wrote about the new paid parking regulations, this is just another of a thousand little cuts.

And it hurts even more because now I will not be able to listen to the baseball broadcasts in the spring. That was one of the main reasons I got a better computer and subscribed to broadband.

Philosophically, I understand and accept these things. It is their content and they can do whatever they want with it. They get to set the price and I get to either accept or reject it. I understand free market economics.

Then I realized what a change this has made in my attitude. Mississippi State has always been "we" and "us," not "they" or "them."

This is very sad to me. And in the spring, what will I do? I don't know if I will be able to be strong enough not to pay the $25. I can take losing football, but to have Mississippi State baseball taken away from me? That is just cruel.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?