<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 26, 2005

Saturday morning I went to the MSU website to find out the weather for the 8 PM game. I was surprised to see that there was no 8 o'clock game; it had been changed to 6:45 pm on Friday.

We all have to worship at the altar of ESPN. For some reason the postponement of the Tennessee-LSU game meant they wanted our game earlier. If I had not checked the weather I would have shown up mad at 8.

The Chester County-Lexington football game came off okay except that Chester County lost. James said that there were as many law officers there as fans.

Julia and I took Mother to the barbecue festival at lunch.

James was supposed to go with me to the MSU-Georgia game but he would be covering the festival during the afternoon. He called me at 3:30 saying he was at home and was ready but wanted to take a nap. I told him I would be there immediately. When I got there I told him about the change of times.

James and I always have some good talks on the way to Starkville. James remarked that I leave Henderson three hours before a game in Starkville and he leaves his hotel in Knoxville for a game at Tennessee.

We got to the game only 3 minutes late. We lost to Georgia 23-10. I thought that was a creditable showing. The last time we played Georgia we lost 47-0. We talked to the Sparrows briefly after the game.

On the way home we talked some about Mr. Spock and his philosophies. I brought up the theory that there are an infinite number of universes where everything possible happens.

James mentioned that there is some universe where Darrell Royal did not leave MSU for Texas. He stayed and built State into a football powerhouse. We have won 4 national championships and 3 Heisman trophies. Our stadium holds 169,000 people, but, on the other hand, I have to leave my motel in Okalona 3hours before the game.

I could do that.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?