<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review of Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith

I went to the midnight (actually 12:01) showing of the new Star Wars movie. I was excited to think of all the other people around the country also going to the midnight showing. That is why I enjoy watching television more as it is being broadcast rather than watching something recording. I like to think of myself as part of the mob in that case. Tonight, on further reflection, I realized that the eastern time people were well into the movie and the mountain, and pacific people were still waiting in line.

At first I thought I would leave here at 11:45 but I got excited and left earlier which was a good thing because the manager had only a handful of tickets left.

I had to sit in the second row, not my favorite place. I decided to go with the flow and enjoy the movie the way movies are supposed to be enjoyed these days: All emotion. Our brains are not supposed to be involved. And sitting in the second row makes this imperative.

So we know the movie turns out badly but we don't want that. The movie is great, close to the original. I really enjoyed it. I was afraid that the story would suffer since there was a predetermined ending but it all seamless was woven together.

The reviews I had heard said that the dialogue and acting was bad. I noticed that but wonder if I would have overlooked it if I had not read the reviews.

I think everyone should go to the movie and have a good time. It is supposed to be much darker than the other movies, and maybe it is, but I didn't really notice it.

By the way, I saw a preview for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe coming in December. It made me think of that phrase from many reviews---visually stunning.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?