<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I haven't posted anything for a long time because,really, nothing was happening.

Just as I was typing that, I heard ferocious barking outside. I went to look and saw that there is a dog and cat, neither belonging to me, in a stare-off. The cat, a large yellow one, is perched on my air-conditioner; its back arched. On the ground is a large black dog, barking, barking. I don't think anything else is going to happen.

Last weekend was the First Sunday in May. Thursday my old friend, Doris Carroll, came to visit. She and her husband C.W. camped out at Chickasaw State Park in their trailer.

On Thursday night they brought a pizza and we ate it in my kitchen and caught up on things, although there is less of that to do, now that we have the internet to keep up with each other.

We especially, of course, like to tell about our grandchildren. Doris has four grandsons. Teresa's are older, William is 16, Andrew is younger, and I am sorry I do not know his exact age. Julie's two sons, Haydon and Landon, are small. Landon is one and Haydon is 2 or 3.

Julie and her husband now run a dairy farm they bought. Doris and CW love to go out there to work. CW has even bought a tractor for himself that he keeps there.

Teresa's older son William also loves to go out there and is thinking about going to agriculture school after he graduates, to the chagrin of his parents, both engineers.

I would love myself to see the dairy farm since I grew up on one. I would love to see how it is done today.

Friday they drove around New Friendship and saw how things are going out there. Then I went out to Chickasaw and had supper with them, good Chester County barbecue.

Saturday we all went to the Peddy reunion. Probably the last time I will do that. The writeup in the Independent listed all the people there with the last name Peddy and then, condescendingly, said "others attending were." That certainly drew a circle and left me out.

I took Mother to the reunion and thought at the time that she did well. When we got back to the nursing home, I asked her if she wanted to go to her room, but she wanted to sit by the nursing station as usual. But then Sunday when Julia got there, she was still in bed and didn't feel like going to The First Sunday in May. So she didn't. That makes me sad because I know that she has attended the previous 87 ones.

Anyway, back to Saturday, Anne, Ken, George, Adam, and Emma came late to the reunion. It was good to see them.

After we had decorated the graves as Friendship church, especially, of course, George Rodney's. How sad it still is to me and how much I still miss him.

Then we went out to Chickasaw to let the kids see the Matthew's trailer. For supper, we all went to Bell's in Henderson.

The kids were in a choral program at church on Sunday so the Ruckers went back home Saturday night, but it was very good of them to come for the day.

Sunday I went up to church and spent most of the time at the gazebo or at the graveyard. I had called my cousins Lamar and Terry Seaton to let them know that Doris was here and they both came to see her. I don't get to see them very often so I enjoyed their visits, too.

Next time I will tell about my Mothers' Day trip to the Hendersons' in South Carlina..

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?