<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 11, 2005

Sometimes things happen that revise our beliefs of our own actions.

Tonight I ran out of spray paint. Since I did not want to shop at Wal-Mart on a weekend, I found myself shopping very late which put me in the parking lot at 11 pm.

I don't worry myself about getting a parking place close so even on this night I was parked pretty far out in the lot. I was putting my purchases in the back seat of my car, when I noticed someone getting into a car. I realized that a man had walked past me and gotten into the car two spaces down from mine, the place between us was vacate.

He was perfectly harmless but I had not noticed him consciously. Rerunning the scene in my mind I remembered seeing him out of the corner of my eye.

It is late at night in a deserted parking lot. A man walks close to me and I don't notice it? That's scary. I thought I was vigilant, aware, all those good things.

Evidently I am more complacent than I thought.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?