<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 28, 2005

I gave George a rock tumbler for Christmas and Adam a new set of lenses for his telescope. I gave Emma a future shopping spree.

On Wednesday I went to Nashville and on Thursday, Emma and I, just Emma and I, went shopping at Target.

She talked, talked, talked the whole time in a stream of consciousness mode.

Buckled in the back on the way over, she considered the sunset. "That's pretty where the sun is setting. It looks like you could walk to it. Do you know that if you kept on walking you would just walk around the world because the world is round. It is like a ball. And you would not fall off because of gravity. God fixed it that way. If you went to the moon though, you could not breath because there is no air there. You would have to have a space suit. But it is cold there, so you would have to have long sleeves on underneath the space suit."

"We're in a war now. It's because we are free. We can do whatever we want here. They don 't like that so we are in a war over there against the bad people. They don't want us to be free. They want to come here and rule over us. They can't do that now."

"Daddy wants a big screen TV. Mommy says it is too expensive. She won"t let Daddy get a big screen TV. I don't want a big screen TV. I don't know why Daddy wants one, but he does."

We had a great time. She bought stuffed animals and some clothes, including a pair of dress gloves. She bought the boys toys, too. In the end, she had $2 left so I suggested maybe she would like to buy candy. She said "Candy costs 50 cents each so I can buy four for the $2. I will get two for me and one for George and one for Adam."

Others:

George showed me his money. "I have the the most money of anyone in this family. Actually, I have more money than Adam or Emma but I don't have more money than Mommy or Daddy. I don't even have a credit card."

Adam made a deal with George that he later regretted. He went around the house lamenting "What have I done! What have I done!"

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?