<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Miss Manners (Washington Post) weighs in today with her opinion on blogs and especially bloggers. She essentially considers them (us?) narcissistic bores. She suggests we keep locked diaries instead.

I started my blog as a way for me to inform my friends and relatives of my doings, such as they are. It also makes me feel good to write. I have so many opinions that the world does not seem interested in. (This is one of the reasons for blogs that Miss Manners deplores.)

So I blog on. My readers are far fewer than I had hoped. Miss Manners is not one. But the position of reader is an entirely voluntary one, subject to no supervision, indeed who knows you are reading and who doesn't.

But if you do read my blog, I consider you an unusually intelligent, discerning, discriminating, and altogether worthy and superior being.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?