<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

I welcome comment on the story that will follow this paragraph. I am unsure if I went too far, not far enough, or just right.

I won't be sending any emails for several days because I have unknowingly been sending a virus, maybe. I need a few days to clear it up.

Now to the story.

The other night I went to Wal-Mart, the Jackson Supercenter. I was wandering around the craft department trying to find a certain kind of wire that I had bought there another time.

There were three black, male teenagers there, looking at the yarn. They were neat, well dressed, quiet, and respectful in letting people pass by them.

After a few minutes two left and one teenager was left there, holding some pink yarn, looking perplexed. Then an older white female Wal-Mart associate went up to them with a scowl on her face and demanded to know what they were doing and trying to shoo them away. I was too far away to hear exactly what she said or what the reply was but she was rude, disrespectful, and her manner and behavior was not appropriate.

Then the other two returned and I went up to the young man and asked is the clerk had harrassed him. He said yes, and that he didn't know what she wanted him to do. I apologized and told him it shouldn't have happened. He said Thank you, but it is okay. I said it wasn't okay and left.

I don't know why she did that, whether it was their youth or their color. I thought the appropriate response from her would have been an offer to help. It was obvious they didn't really know what they were doing. Maybe they were working on a school project. I know that they were not stealing pink yarn.

So how did I do. Should have stayed out of it, should have spoken to the clerk, did okay, or should report her to the manager?




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?